Sunday 12 October 2008

Voter Lout

Well, I was out delivering leaflets yesterday up and down the nearby housing estate and along the road. I think that there must be some kind of mathematics to describe the distance walked, something like Mandelbrot fractal, for example, because it seems a lot longer than when I just walk up and down a road, probably because people's drives are set a little back from the road, so there is all the in and out of that. I'm sure there must be a way (based on average length of drive) of calculating the extra distance.
 
I was humming the candidate's unofficial song as I went. Well, he doesn't know it is his song, but it fits perfectly - the Womble song. Wimberling, womberling.... - and it is about caring for the environment as well. On my way back, I found one of the leaflets crumpled up - I don't mind the voter doing that, it's their privilege - but what is not is to dump the crumpled up manifesto in the middle of the road. It just sums up some people's attitude to the environment, and I think "voter lout" would be a good description of this kind of dumping in the middle of the road.
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dropping litter is wholly consistent with rejecting Daniel's messages of environmental care and social responsibility.

Dave Rotherham