Saturday 12 March 2016

Rainy day in Knaresborough




















This isn't a poem about my experience, but about Katalin's trip to Knaresborough - I saw her album, and heard her talk about the lovely day she had there, and I thought it would be nice to make a poem about it dedicated to her.

Rainy day in Knaresborough

At the platform, I leave the train
Returning to this lovely market town
Walking through softly falling rain
Viaduct over river Nidd flows down

Knaresborough Castle in ruined state
Retains a grandeur in remaining wall
And I ponder its rise to majesty, its fate
Walk by moat gardens, towers tall

Glistening pavements, it is raining still
I pass Blind Jack Metcalf in the square
Have a coffee and a cake, to hunger fill
Pass by the church, just time to spare

Now I’m waiting at the station, for my train
Beautiful memories, despite the falling rain




No comments: